Saturday 29 March 2014

Knowing how to fix a bike is a useful life skill

Hello!
Today you will be pleased to find that I have a lot to write about! After piano this morning, me and my mum took a trip (by bike! :D) to our local thrift store. We shopped around there for a while, I tried ten pieces of clothing and came out with two, and we had a peek around the other little shops and small enterprises in the area. We figured it must be pretty difficult to have a shop in that little village since it's quite far from anything of importance and few people know about it. Anyway, I bought a turtleneck top (which is really strange since I generally hate turtlenecks, but this one somehow appealed to me very much) and a polka-dotted t-shirt. What can I say? I just love polka dots.
The dots are really small, you can barely see them on the pic

I'm not quite sure how I'll pull this one off yet, but I'll find a way

Seeing as spring is now officially here, and we have two hungry guinea pigs, we just had to let them out on the lawn. The grass is not as lush and green as it is at the peak of summer, but there was still something to eat (yum yum) and the little piggies seemed to thoroughly enjoy some fresh air after the winter.
I came running with the camera just as they were being taken indoors again. Here is Loppan. She is very fluffy.

And this is Klara. She is a bit shyer than Loppan, but nonetheless a sweet pea.
I was in the mood for baking (as always..?), but didn't feel like making anything too heavy. I wanted something light and summery and so decided to make raw-food cookies with apple, raisins and almonds. Raw food is when you don't heat the food over 42 degrees celsius, it's vegan and (often) delicious. The fact that they can't be heated does however mean that it takes forever to cook in the oven (like eight hours), but as I'm impatient I usually take them out earlier and that works just as well.
This is what they look like
And, and, and... Guess who was elected as secretary for the Fika Association?! To be honest there wasn't a lot of competition (I was the only candidate, hahah), but I'm still proud of the fact that I dared to go up there and actually do it. I'm so pumped and excited for this coming year, greatness will go down! :)

To finish off, two pictures that I took today that I really like, because I love grass and blue skies.
If you're a guinea pig this must be delicious

Not a cloud in sight!
Love
Sofia

No comments:

Post a Comment